Sunday 4 March 2007

Veggie Alligators

Veggie Alligators.

The crocodile has a lovely smile
His manners are really sweet,
But if he comes knocking on your door
Remember he eats meat.

The alligator on the other hand
I believe is a veggie eater,
Just give him an apple he'll be so nice
His manners just couldn't be sweeter.

Jill West.

P.S. Remember children this is just a poem it is not a good idea to feed alligators.

There is a road in our village with several keen gardeners as I write a poem each month for our village news letter this was aimed at them.
Springs Not Sprung.

I had a word with the Church Street mob,
I said "I can fulfill your dreams.
I've something very different here a bag of magic beans.
Go to the allotments, don't forget a spade,
pop in all these super seeds
Your fortunes will be made.

The plants will grow and grow and grow as if to reach the sky.
They won't need Georges fertilizer to make them ten feet high.
I only want two hundred pounds it doesn't seem a lot.
You will reach rich dividends from your allotment plot.

They gave me all their money,it wasn't quite enough,
They said we'll pay more later so I didn't cut up rough.
I'm going to have to leave the village now, they planted all the seeds,
They tended them so lovingly but all they got was WEEDS.

Jill West.

P.S. Some years ago I bought some expensive pansy seeds and only got stinging nettles.

No comments: