Wednesday 21 March 2007

The Crossword Addict.

The Crossward Addict.

When I'm deprived of my crossword I'm moody and mean and I mope.
My temper is very erratic and my poor husband just cannot cope.
I'ts the one thing that gets me going it boots up my brain for the day.
I get on with my cooking and sewing when I've had my portion of play.

When I'm deprived of my crossward I sit and I sulk and I glare,
The sun won't come out in the morning I'm just like a grumpy old bear.
My ever decreasing brain cells are crying out to be moved
I think they need that morning jolt but that's something that can't be proved.

So my cry goes out to the paper shop off crosswords I must have my share
Because crossword deprivation is something I very much fear.

(Crossword deprivation. A severe illness found in the elderly)

Jill West.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So. That's why you're so grumpy!

Anonymous said...

It was not me who left this note,
How could you think me so unkind,
However if I look across the room,
The culprit I might find!