Friday 11 January 2008

TELLY TERROR.

Why can't they let us be happy,the programmes are full of doom.
What we really want is more laughter instead of all the gloom.
But when it comes to worry and these can spoil your night,
The adverts that are shown can give an awfull fright.

My innocent washing machine that I thought would never fail,
I know now could stop at any time because of bad lime scale.
The adverts for germ killers that kill ninety nine per cent,
Really make me worry where all the others went.

When they,re trying to sell airfresheners then I have to think,
What are they implying, does my house stink.
I haven't got a dishwasher, perhaps it's just as well,
If you don't use certain products all your pipes will smell.

The ad for cleaning loos makes me feel very sad,
If mine ever looked like that I would think I'd gone quite mad.
If you take notice of these adverts you will get an awful scare,
Horror films won't seem so bad as all the terrors there.

Jill West.

P.S.My darling husband does my washing up he is very efficient.
I had my previous washing machine for twenty five years with no trouble.
I had to get a smaller one to make more space. As I have allergies to
many of the perfumes in cleaners etc. I have learned to use natural
products. Lemon juice, vinegar etc.

No comments: