Saturday 12 January 2008

MEDIA MUMBO JUMBO

About our CARBON FOOTPRINT it has got rather big,
I know mostly we ignore it, like we don't give a fig.
But if we keep on using all the goodness of the land,
We'll end up completely bankrupt, In fact not worth a grain of sand.

Every day the papers warn us that things are getting worse,
GLOBAL WARMING is the by word, the dreaded media curse.
They make us feel so guilty about everything we use,
I think what I'm going to do is just get bigger shoes.

Jill West.
Why have I got so cynical in my old age.

3 comments:

Mrs Smallprint said...

Hi Mum

The reason you're so cynical is that you know that nothing is "for free" and that a "carbon tax" is going to follow.

xxx

Ellee Seymour said...

There is also lots of confusion on this, and we need countries around the world to join forces with their support.

Jill said...

As I was born in the 1930s I went through the second world war. My older brothers and sisters were on active service. We always were told that we would win through in the end and all of them came back.When my children were small there was the Suez crisis and the Cuban crisis and many others. You can not go worrying all your life or you would be a total nutcase. Ellee! I will let you and the young ones worry for me.