Tuesday 22 May 2007

Village Idiot (Please apply)

Please Apply

We've got no village idiot I think it's such a shame,
If you want to apply put forward your name.
You don't have to be clever not very smart,
Just a warm personality with a very big heart.

I'll take your application, come directly to me,
Have some money ready 'cause of course it isn't free.
When I call on you for cash don't give a pause,
Just hand over all your money it's in a very good cause.

I'm planning to build a luxury home
For poor past it poets who've run out of poem.
You'll be Saint Wotsit and get all the praise
And I will live grandly for the rest of my days.

P.S. I want to be where the gnomes and donosaurs
all roam free. (I know the pub's shut but please can
I have another gin and tonic.)

Jill West.

No comments: