Wednesday 30 May 2007

Surface Mania.

Surface Mania.

Just give me a surface I can't bear to see it bare,
I must put something on it,I can't leave it sitting there.
We bought a pretty table, great just inside the door.
Now it holds a lot of games which once lived on the floor.

The worktops in the kitchen which were once really clear
Now hold china for restoring and oil paints sitting there.
The dresser in the sitting room which houses china bright
Is now adorned with paperwork, it's not a pretty sight.

The television can't escape, it holds a pot of flowers,
I picked them from the garden as I dodged the April showers.
I'd love to clear it all up and put it out of sight,
Sad to say I can't do that our cuboard space is tight.

The answer is more storage room
To make a tidy life complete
I know! my husband takes up lots of space
I'll just get rid of PETE.

Jill West.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's really come to something when you think my Dad is surplus,
He can't be given up to just get a clearer surface,
The time has come to take stock, maybe think a little clearer,
You'll not find another husband who could love you any dearer!

Love
Number 4 daughter