Friday 7 September 2007

MOBILE MANIA

Moron! Moron! Moron! I want to shout
Although I know that he can't hear.
Coming round the corner on the wrong side of the road
With a phone clamped to his ear.

It makes me so sad that people don't care,
It's not only young men break the law,
We know all the grief an accident causes,
Misuse of mobiles makes my senses feel raw.

The mobile phone has taken over it's everywhere you go,
People heedless of their children as the wander too and fro.
They can be very useful when used to summon aid,
But they themselves cause danger, very common I'm afraid.

You may call me a grumpy old woman,
I can see that is probably right,
But I don't want it say on my headstone,
Killed by mobile phone one dark night.

Jill West.

I wrote this poem after nearly dying of shock when a large
car just missed me after coming round a corner on my side
of the round. Needless to say the driver was on a mobile phone.

No comments: